This GlobDev project webpage contains information for project committers and contributors. Information for users of Java CoG Kit JGlobus module can be found under the "Cross component" sections of the Globus Toolkit user web.
The project release consists of two separate modules:
- CoG JGlobus jar (JGlobus)
- CoG JGlobus Feature Extension (JGlobus-FX)
- CoG JGlobus 1.8.0 (recommended)
- CoG JGlobus 1.7.0
- CoG JGlobus 1.6.0
- CoG JGlobus 1.5.0
- CoG JGlobus 1.4
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements. Earlier version distributed with GT 4.0.x.
- CoG JGlobus 1.2
- Fixes to GSI, distributed with GT 3.2.1
- Deprecation of the RLS and the Gara components.
The CoG JGlobus modules are released as part of the Globus Toolkit the Globus Toolkit release schedule.
Any release of CoG JGlobus project should follow the steps outlines in CoG JGlobus Release Process
- Project chairs: please leave this item alone for now. Lisa to send out campaign definition instructions soon
|Developer discussion (jglobus-dev)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
|User discussion (jglobus-user)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
|Commit notifications (jglobus-commit)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
- How do I get the latest source code?
You can get the latest source of JGlobus module through anonymous CVS:
- CoG JGlobus Module
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/home/dsl/cog/CVS login cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/dsl/cog/CVS checkout jglobus
- CoG JGlobus FX Modules
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/home/globdev/CVS/cogkit login cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/globdev/CVS/cogkit checkout src/jglobus-fx/gsi
- Where can I browse the source code?
You can browse the source code with
- Where can I find the JGlobus API?
- How do I file a new bug or see existing bugs?
Guidelines for committers
- For each significant development work, file a bugzilla entry as Campaign
- Use developer branch for all major development work.
- Guidelines on updating version number
- For each commit in jglobus module:
- Update jglobus/CHANGES.TXT with summary of changes. Add links to bugzilla when appropriate.
- Update version number in build.properties based on Guidelines on Updaing Version
- For each commit in jglobus-fx/gsi
- Update jglobus-fx/gsi/CHANGES.TXT with summary of changes. Add links to bugzilla when appropriate.
- Update version number in build.properties
Guidelines for individual contributors
- Individual contributions as patches and bug fixes are welcome. Please file a bug for the controbution and attach patch to bugzilla.
The CoG JGlobus project gratefully acknowledges the following contributions:
- Various MyProxy client updates, Jim Basney (NCSA)
- Checksum patch for the GridFTP client, Andrew Baranovski and the NorduGrid team
- MyProxy Client enhancements, Neill Miller (UC)
- Key pair caching for httpg delegation, Gerd Behrmann (OSG)