Welcome to the Data Replication project! Our goal is to provide tools for replicating data in a Grid environment.
What is Data Replication?
- New! Replication Client. The replication client integrates the functionalty of the Replica Locatoin Service (RLS) and the GridFTP Server to perform intuitive operations including GET, PUT, COPY, REGISTER, REPLICATE, and DELETE. The interfaces for the client include a Java API and a command-line client. The command-line client, globus-replication-client, accepts RLS Logical Names and GSIFTP URLs as endpoints for replication.
- Data Replication Service (DRS). The DRS is a batch replication tool that runs in the Globus WS Core container. It uses the Reliable File Transfer (RFT) service to coordinate the transfer of files between GridFTP Servers. It locates replicas in the Replica Location Service (RLS) and after completing transfers it registers new replicas in the RLS.
This GlobDev project webpage contains information for project committers and contributors. Information for users of Data Replication can be found under the "Data Management" sections of the Globus Toolkit user web site.
- 2008-08-12: Pre-release of the Globus Replication Client.
- New! Globus Replication Client documentation (pre-release)
- New! Globus Replication Client API (pre-release)
The Data Replication release schedule is aligned with the Globus Toolkit release schedule.
Ann Chervenak, chair
- Project chairs: please leave this item alone for now. Lisa to send out campaign definition instructions soon
|Developer discussion (drs-dev)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
|User discussion (drs-user)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
|Commit notifications (drs-commit)||archive/subscribe/unsubscribe|
- Link to project FAQ here
Guidelines for committers
- Cover such issues as campaign management
Guidelines for individual contributors
- Describe how individuals can contribute
- Best practices for submitting contributions via bugzilla
The Data Replication project gratefully acknowledges the following contributions
- list begins here